Quote Of The Week
“If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend the first four hours sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
Recipe Of The WeekTiramisu Tiramisu is a luxurious no-bake dessert that’s perfect for a dinner party. Serves 4-6 Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup espresso or dark coffee
- 1 tablespoon dark liquor (such as dark rum, brandy, bourbon, or Frangelico)
- 14 ladyfinger cookies
- 32 oz. (2 pints) vanilla ice cream or mascarpone (add 1 extra tablespoon of sugar for the mascarpone)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Tax TipsYear-End IRA Reminders With the end of the year approaching, take a moment to make sure you’ve taken care of your Individual Retirement Accounts: Contribute the maximum. In 2016, you can contribute a maximum of $5,500, or $6,500 if you are age 50 or over. Remember, you have to have taxable income to contribute to an IRA, but if you are married and filing jointly, you can each make contributions even if only one of you is working. Speak to a tax advisor to learn about how your deductions will be affected by an employer-sponsored retirement plan. Don’t contribute more than the max. If you contribute more than the IRA limits for 2016 (or more than your income allows you to contribute), you will be subject to a 6% tax on the excess contribution amount for each tax year the money remains in your account. You can withdraw excess contributions by the due date for your tax return. For more information about IRAs or end-of-year tax planning, please call us or another qualified tax advisor. Tip courtesy of IRS.gov
Golf TipChoose the Right Club Most amateur golfers choose the club they play based on the length of the shot. They play shorter clubs for shorter distances and longer clubs for longer distances. However, experienced golfers know that factors like natural swing tendencies, wind, lie, and hazards also affect your club choice. Before choosing a club, ask yourself these questions:
- What’s the distance to the hole?
- What personal natural tendencies affect my shot?
- How will the wind affect the shot?
- What hazards do I need to watch out for?
- What does the landing area look like?
- What is the follow-up shot?